We blinked and the holidays are upon us! There’s no slowing down now. Black Friday is here –don’t worry, we have your back. Check out The Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide full of all the “insider” ways to make your family’s traditional shopping experience at Poughkeepsie Galleria memorable and safe. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
TAKE SAFETY SERIOUSLY
Your safety is our number one priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety, as well as our employee’s safety. Click here to learn more about Poughkeepsie Galleria’s comprehensive safety and sanitizing measures. Safety is a shared responsibility so please do your part. Click here for a full list of our Healthy Shopper Guidelines, which must be followed by all guests.
- Wear a mask. Per New York State mandate, a mask MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while visiting Poughkeepsie Galleria. The mask must cover your nose and your mouth. A mask under your nose or hanging under your chin is not going to cut it. Do your part and cover up. If you need a mask, a Poughkeepsie Galleria Security Officer will gladly provide one free of charge. If you don’t see a security officer upon entry, visit the security office next to the foodcourt. No excuses. Mask up.
- Social distance. Stay at least six feet from others not in your party (while walking, riding the escalator, or standing in any line). Try to limit elevator use and opt to use the escalators, if possible. If you decide to utilize the elevator, please limit the ride to just your party, which means you might have to let it go and wait for it to come back.
- Use hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers on the touch screen directories and other locations throughout the property. Please use them.
- Don’t talk on the phone with your mask off. If you absolutely have to hold a phone conversation without your mask, please go outside and social distance at least six feet. Masks are required at all times in the building, even while you are on the phone.
- Follow the directional floor prompts. To ease congestion, please keep traffic flowing in the same direction. One-way directional signs have been placed on doors, floors and digital screens throughout the property. Please follow them.
- Stay home. If you are sick, have a fever or show any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Any guest or employee with a temperature greater than 100.00°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will not be permitted to visit the property.
SHOP EARLY—DEALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
To cut down on the crowds and long lines, we strongly encourage you to shop early. Many retailers have already kicked off their Black Friday deals, so why not take advantage of them? That’s right … the same “Black Friday” deals you are seeing now are the same ones offered that day.
ENJOY THANKSGIVING AT HOME
Poughkeepsie Galleria will be CLOSED on Thanksgiving; no rushing out the door this year!
BLACK FRIDAY PLANNING
Make the most of your Black Friday shopping by planning out your day with these suggestions:
- Figure out which stores you plan to visit first. Make sure you know what time they will be open.
- Review our online digital directory by clicking on your favorite store to map out your day. Once you have your plan, designate who in your party will shop at each store. Share your lists so that one person can get everyone’s wish list items at each specific retailer.
- Shop ‘til your heart is content!
TAKE A FOOD BREAK
There are 10+ restaurants and eateries inside the Poughkeepsie Galleria that will be open to accommodate your hunger pangs. Shoppers may even want to make reservations in advance, to avoid waiting in line. Visit our list of restaurants and eateries here.
VISIT SANTA CLAUS
Yes, Santa is returning on BLACK FRIDAY! There will be plenty of fun and holiday magic to go around with Old St. Nick and to ensure safety, new guidelines have been implemented to visit with Santa. Reservations are strongly encouraged, with walk-up visits available as space allows throughout the day between reservations. Best practices will be followed, including maintaining a social distance of at least 10 feet from Santa, face masks, and enhanced cleaning between visits. For more information on the safety measures being taken based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, click here. You can visit Santa near Pandora and starting on Black Friday starting at 12pm; click here to see Santa’s hours for the rest of the season.
Select retailers may offer curbside sales pick-up. Visit the [email protected] informational page on our website for more details on where to find parking spaces for this convenient service. Be sure to call ahead to confirm with your favorite stores if they provide this service and find out where to park to pick-up your package.
BE KIND & HAVE FUN
Everyone at Poughkeepsie Galleria wants you to enjoy a safe and memorable shopping experience and the holiday season really is the “most wonderful time of the year”! It can also be stressful so as we navigate our way through this shopping season with new social norms, we ask that you help us spread smiles and joy by being patient and kind. You never know how you may make someone’s day by being kind.