Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment — it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people — we want you to succeed!
• We offer rapid promotions for top performers — we promote from within.
• Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck. . . Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
• Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
• Great Store Environment
• Excellent Benefits
• We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
JOURNEYS STORE MANAGER- JOB DESCRIPTION
To recruit, hire, train and manage store personnel to achieve store sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets while pursing growth opportunities.
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Providing a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Recruit, train, and develop a successful sales team
- Evaluate training needs
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with allotted hours
- Ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store
- Identify unacceptable work performance and administer appropriate disciplinary action
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the culture and demonstrate it to the team
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 1-2 years retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in Training position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Full-time