DSW: F/T Merchandise Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Assistant Store Managers ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within the store by focusing on the following:
– Sales and Service – Leads associate engagement and implementation of financial plans to maintain KPI performance on a weekly basis. Meets Rewards and KPI goals by reinforcing behaviors that support Check, Check, Match and the values of the company. Provides recognition and feedback to improve performance. Responds to customer feedback with a sense of urgency.
– Associate and Team Development – Assists with the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of associates. Helps identify and provide associate training, product and trend information. Provides feedback to management on associate performance. Communicates associate goals and provides developmental opportunities, feedback and coaching to support the growth of the company. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Assists with daily associate relations issues and annual performance review process.
– Merchandising – Participates in and leads associates in merchandise placement, shipment processing and store recovery. Assists in the communication and execution of presentation standards that are consistent with brand image. Ensures store is compliant with established ”Brand Experience” standards. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
– Operations – Ensures consistency in daily housekeeping. Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented. Opens and closes store in rotation with management staff. Leads by example ensuring company policy and procedural compliance. Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards. Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance. Reviews communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mail, etc) and follows up accordingly. Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
– Other Duties – Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisor.