SUMMARY: Plans, directs and coordinates the Marketing of the Center by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes Marketing goals to ensure market share and profitability of the Center.
- Develops and executes innovative Marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the viability of the Center through profit growth and merchant mix.
- Assist the Leasing Representative through the creation of tailored leasing presentations, including pamphlets, brochures, presentation packages, and targeted advertising. Maintain updated leasing support information regarding local competition, development, tourism, housing, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with Mall Merchants, including Store Managers, District Managers and Regional Managers. Works with mall management and merchants to implement Sales Enhancement Programs.
- Social Media: oversees the mall website and social media pages to ensure that our centers and stores are being properly advertised in the digital world. Develops pages for new social media concepts
- Develops and administers the Marketing budget in a responsible manner, striving to increase the overall profitability of the Center to include the exploration of all budgetary variances.
- Ensures effective control of Marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of Marketing objectives are within the designated budget.
- Plans and oversees the organization’s advertising and promotions activities including traditional and digital marketing efforts to properly promote center.
- Recommends changes in the basic structure and organization of the Marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to Marketing problems and opportunities.
- Creates and maintains a constant flow of key information between mall management, Home Office and tenants.
- Develops and maintains relations with local media to enhance public relations and exposure of Center. Write press releases and distribute to media outlets.
- Develops and maintains relations with local Chambers of Commerce, town/county officials, CVB’s, hotels and other personnel pertinent to the centers growth
- Oversees the proper collection of all annual Market Research.
- Prepares marketing activity reports.
- Assists customers when and where necessary.
- May act as Manager on Duty on assigned weekends
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: Supervises one subordinate supervisor whom supervises a total of two or more non-supervisory employees in the Customer Service Booth/Center. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
Also, directly supervises one or more non-supervisory employees who assist in carrying out the marketing functions of the Center.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree in Business Marketing
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in retail sales or marketing with the ability to develop effective marketing business plans to maximize the income, market share and leasing.
OTHER QUALITIES: Must be people orientated, possess good organizational skills and good oral and written communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. General office environment.